Tyson's Brave Battalion

Tyson's Brave Battalion
Things don't go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be.” ~Samuel Johnson

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Every Little Bit Counts

Ty is doing great!  He has been back on his chemo for about a week and so far feels pretty good.  We went to Don Aslett's Museum of Clean and we had such a great time cause Don Aslett was there and gave us a tour.  We got to see lots of stuff that 'normal' folks don't get to see... like the inside of the clock tower.  In that pic we are washing clothes the old fashioned way. Ty didn't even have to wear a mask!  We sure are enjoying his high counts. : ) He has had such a great time being 'normal' the past few weeks that I just have to add a couple more pics of his fun cousin time.

 But don't leave until you read the last of this post cause it is the most important. 

Update from this morning at the very bottom...




His face gets a new pink spot on it each day it seems, I am guessing that is from the methotrexate that he takes on Thursday.  Especially since we can rule out Septra cause he isn't on that right now.  Hmmm so many mysterious things.  It just occurred to me that it could be impetigo since he was around a little cousin with it a while ago, I guess I should probably get it checked out even though I already have the medicine that treats it.  Anyway, I'm getting into too many details. : ) 

Last but not Least...
*Please help if you can...every little bit counts*
We just found out a local 6 year old cancer fighter relapsed after successfully fighting off his brain tumor last year.  It is devastating news and I know you probably don't know him, but if you have an extra five bucks lying around it would be really cool if we could help out his family.  I want to respect their privacy at such a difficult time but just know their family has had a very difficult road and could really use some help.  They call him Boo, he needs a miracle to survive, and you can donate through paypal on our Idaho Fighters page by clicking HERE.
*Update* Ty vomited this morning which shocked me, he doesn't throw up a lot from chemo.  Then I realized that he ate breakfast this morning right when he woke up which he never does.  He takes his chemo at night so hopefully he can sleep off most of the side effects and he never feels like eating in the morning.  I always let him eat what he wants when he wants and sometimes I feel guilty about that but this morning reminds me that he does still feel nauseous and that I'm right letting him take the lead in what he wants to eat when.  I do try to encourage healthy foods and if he wants a treat he has to eat five carrots, but especially early in the morning...I can guess just how yucky he feels.   It is hard to know sometimes cause he doesn't really know how to express how he feels yet.  So I guess the vomit was a good reminder for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment