Tyson's Brave Battalion

Tyson's Brave Battalion
Things don't go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be.” ~Samuel Johnson

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Little Fever Party

So around 8:00 tonight Ty gave me a hug and he felt hot so I took his temp...101.4.  Bleh.  I was just about to head out the door because Brooke and Emily had appointments at the church.  I knew that wouldn't last long so I told Ty to get dressed (he likes to hang out in undies only at home) so I could take him to the hospital when I got back.  You would think by his reaction that I told him we were going to Disneyland.  He started jumping around and dancing and singing about helicopter doctor which is what he nicknamed our local hospital because right outside the windows on the peds floor is the helicopter pad.  It has been a loooong time since we've had to do the fever run.  I ended up sending him up with dad because I didn't have Merin in bed yet and she fell in the firepit when we were camping last week and burned her hands.  Needless to say her hands are still trying to heal and hurting a bit so I knew I needed to stay here with her. 
Dad took him to the Children's Clinic and they did a CBC there and his ANC is 1600 'Whew'  and now they are up at the hospital so they can get some blood cultures going and give him some Rocephin through his port 'Whew' again!  Rocephin shots hurt like the dickens so it is always good when they will do it through his line instead.  Good ANC means he doesn't have to stay there so after they are done with cultures and stuff they should be home.  He is in hog heaven right now playing the game cube and getting his rocephin IV.  Brady says Ty is forcing himself to stay awake so he can keep playing.  (The hospital is the only place we let him play endless video games...hence the jumping, dancing and singing when he found out he had a fever.)
I guess since I'm not there to take pictures I'll have to share a few camping ones. 
 
 Fishin with Grandpa
 Favorite part of camping...roasting marshmallows
 Watching the moose
 Old Faithful
 Old Faithful Inn where Ty's great grandpa was born
 Found a slug on the hike

He starts Kindergarten on Tuesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment