Tyson's Brave Battalion

Tyson's Brave Battalion
Things don't go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be.” ~Samuel Johnson

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Little Green Apples the Book...READ IT!!

 Ty's lips yesterday...the last two big sores are almost better...
And Ty's lips today!  Yay!  They are back to normal.  He is feeling pretty good now, his last dose of antibiotics was Wednesday morning.  The diarrhea is already going away and the painful pooping woes are starting to come back. : (  Hopefully we can stay on top of it with mirilax.  ANC 500, PLTS 219, HCT 28.9.  So he is improving and with no chemo for the next few days he should be feeling normal for a while.  Hoping his bowels can resolve whatevers going on soon but other than that it is great to have a little break.  He gets a CBC on Tuesday to see if his ANC is high enough to start back up on half dose of his chemo pills.  His next PCMC appointment is in about two weeks.  Hopefully they can get his doses figured out so his counts don't tank like that again, but I'm not holding my breath.  It's okay though!  Life is good and he and we have been so blessed and have received more help and attention than we deserve for sure!
This last hospital stay reminded me that I've been wanting to read a book for a while now that a couple of people mentioned to me a few months ago.  It is called Little Green Apples by Jeanne Isom.  I found it on ebay and finally read it yesterday and let me tell you, it certainly helped me put things into perspective and helped me find my balance again.  A sweet little girl from Utah recently finished her treatment for ALL and a few days later found out she had relapsed and now needs a bone marrow transplant to survive.  Ever since we heard that terrible news my head has been spinning with worry that I couldn't shake.  This book has helped me find my center again and trust in greater powers than I or even the doctors have.  If Ty is to be cured he is to be cured and if he isn't that isn't up to me or the doctors and so I need not worry about the future and what might happen.  One of Ty's nurses Marc at PMC is the husband of Jeanne Isom and the father of the boy that the book is about which is what reminded me about the book.  Marc is a gentle, quiet, kind nurse and you can tell he cares, I love it when Ty has him.  If you would like to borrow my book I would LOVE to lend it to you, it is an incredible story that makes Tyson's battle look like a walk in the park...I'm really thankful Mrs. Isom was willing to share her son's story.

No comments:

Post a Comment