Tyson's Brave Battalion

Tyson's Brave Battalion
Things don't go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be.” ~Samuel Johnson

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Still off Chemo

Monday the weather was awesome!  We took advantage of it and went to Brooklyn's Playground again.  Ty wanted to ride his bike there so when we got close we got his bike out of the truck and let him ride the rest of the way.  I guess it is that time of year right now cause it seemed like everybody at the playground was coughing...including my kids.  Funny how much more I notice stuff like that now.  I chased the kids around with hand sanitizer of course.  We completely wore Tyson out, he fell asleep at his 1:00 doctor appointment, but not before the doctor got him to giggle a little.  It's pretty rare for a nurse or doctor to get a response out of him, Dr. McInturff is pretty good at it.  The last of the sores on Ty's lips are peeling off right now.  I think he expressed his concern about that to the other docs after we left cause another Doc stopped Michelle (Ty's home health nurse) and had her bring us a urinal so we could measure his liquids.  Ty of course still used the toilet a couple of times before we could catch him and make him go in the urinal...but it did its job of having us pay attention and make sure he isn't getting dehydrated.  I know, I give way too many details...but I mention it partly because I am impressed at the amount of attention Ty gets, sometimes you feel pushed along by busy doctors and so it is nice to know they care for him and that they are paying attention.

His newfound favorite thing to do is climb up brady.  See his funny smile, he can't smile all the way cause of his lips.  His counts are still dangerously low, but he is feeling much better, and I think the mouth/lip sores are finally going away.  For my records:  ANC 315, PLTS 165 (normal yay!), WBC 2.1, HCT 26.7 (low, but up a little).  So we stay on antibiotics and get another CBC on Wednesday.  I talked to his nurse at PCMC yesterday and she said he probably won't start back up on chemo until his next appointment in 2 weeks so that will make a whole month off his daily chemo pills!  I guess his ANC has to be 1000 before they will start him back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment