Tyson's Brave Battalion

Tyson's Brave Battalion
Things don't go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be.” ~Samuel Johnson

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Last Treatment of this phase! Aug 29 2011

Done with my last phase of Interim Maintenance 1.  (If you are wondering what that is look for a post in June titled 'Medicine Regimen')  We now have a two week break and then we start the dreaded Delayed Intensification phase.  Enjoying our break for now.  I feel pretty good still, almost like a normal kid.  I did puke 2-3 times during this phase but really the side effects were minimal and I did great.  Many of you have expressed a wish to help, I have a great way you can help us..even $5 will make a difference...scroll down for details.
I get lots of 'back pokes' (chemo in the spine).  The wierd thing is the bandaids that they use always make my skin turn brown and it stays that way for a few weeks.  I never have those bandaids on for more than a few hours.  The darker one on the top is from my last LP two weeks ago.  The one under it is almost two months old.  Wierd! 

Me at clinic planning to act like I am dead so the doc doesn't talk to me.  We waited in this little room for the doc to come see us for quite a while.  His normal oncologist is quite punctual...but today she wasn't 'in'.  I was so antsy by the time the doc came in that I covered my mouth when she wanted to look in and wouldn't let her examine me.  I've never done that before.

One of the things I did to keep myself busy while we waited.
Finally the doc came and we got to go back to infusion for the chemo.  This is what my power port looks like accessed.

Watching TV while they pump me full of vincristine and mtx...they didn't cover up the methotrexate this time...strange how different nurses do different things sometimes.



Daddy will be home soon!!! We are so excited!!!  For now we are just hanging out and loving life.  It really is true that you can follow the idea: "Come what may and Love it"~Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

We are already seeing blessings come from dealing with the things we deal with.  One of them is the blessing of associating with some of the greatest people in the world...other cancer kids and their families.  Some of them have lost their young loved one to cancer already, and are still doing what they can to help others in the cancer world. 



Goofing around at home...we tried to make a pyramid

And we did a belly laughing chain

1 comment:

  1. You have such a cute family! Your an amazing woman to deal with this all without your hubby! I dont know if I could have done that... Im grateful to men like your husband who put their family and responsibilities aside to serve our country! It must be so hard for him to be away at this time...please tell him THANK YOU for his service. We are a lucky country to have men like him.
    Also, hang in there, DI goes by pretty quick, and we found it wasnt nearly as diffcult as we thought. Dont get me wrong, it wasnt fun, but not as bad as I thought! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...

    ReplyDelete