Tyson's Brave Battalion

Tyson's Brave Battalion
Things don't go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be.” ~Samuel Johnson

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Happy Chemo Break

I feel much better!!  No diarrhea and my blood counts are slowly but surely rising!  ANC is 400 today (Oct 13).  My legs are still wobbly and weak but I am much happier and off the couch much more!
I have my own IV pole so I can get my antibiotics at home when needed...I also have home IV chemo coming up next week

My home health nurse is awesome...she lets me help

I got to help dad sort through the apples

There were a lot of ladybugs in the apples

I also got to throw the apples into the smasher to make fresh apple juice (don't worry I don't drink it...can't have unpasteurized stuff...but everybody else likes it!)

Mom thinks I'm too skinny...but that's ok cause I am eating like a champ now.  I've been eating my current favorite food...spaghetti for breakfast lunch, dinner, and snacks in between since the moment I got home from the hospital!

Soooo we are enjoying our chemo break since my counts weren't high enough to go on Tuesday.  Looks like they will be high enough by next Tuesday though so we'll go down that day and fill me up with more junk.  Until then we are having a great time! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment