Tyson's Brave Battalion

Tyson's Brave Battalion
Things don't go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be.” ~Samuel Johnson

Friday, April 27, 2012

Yep, I was right, Hospital day 1

Did I call it or what?  If you follow my posts you may recall that in the post called 'Back on Chemo' I predicted that his ANC would be back to zero between April 24th and May 1st.  Well it's the 27th, he has a fever, and here we sit at the hospital with ANC a big fat ZERO.
 They are busy up here!  We had to hang out in the observation room for a while until they could get him a room cleaned.
 He got his first dose of zosyn at 2:00 and his fever is still hanging on between 101 and 102.  His lip is totally weird.  Last night he had a tiny spot on his lip that was bleeding and bleeding.  Nothing else, it wasn't swollen or anything.  It finally stopped bleeding so I didn't worry about it.  This morning he woke up with a fat lip and started the day with a temp of 99 that just kept on rising.  The fat lip has continued to grow and get redder throughout the day, and has what looks like a blood blister on it.  Like I said...weird.   He doesn't feel good at all, wants me to sit and hold him in bed
so here we sit.  weight 16.4, 36 pounds.  WBC 0.3, RBC 2.57, HCT 23 which is borderline transfusion level, PLTS 16 which is almost to transfusion level too.  I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to transfuse especially if counts are lower tomorrow.  Lymphocytes are at 90 % which is high so I wonder if he is trying to fight off some kind of virus.  I'll update soon I'm sure.  Thanks for the prayers, rides, babysitting, etc!!  

2 comments:

  1. Poor Guy! And I was thinking the other day when I saw that lip wound and you predicting his counts would drop that putting those two situations together would not be good. So is his lip wound infected with something nasty, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! Prayers on their way!

    ReplyDelete