Tyson's Brave Battalion

Tyson's Brave Battalion
Things don't go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be.” ~Samuel Johnson

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Growth

 I took a picture of Tyson today in a size 3T outfit that I'm going to hand down to a cousin.  I was so excited on Sunday to notice that his size 3T pants were a little bit too short!  They still hit his shoes, they weren't high water or anything, but definitely higher than they have been!  One of the side effects of chemo is stunted or slowed growth, so I'm really excited to have him wearing size 4T clothes...even if they are a tiny bit big on him.  This means he has grown a little bit since diagnosis  :)  Yahooo!  I went back and found pictures of him in the same outfit...
 Pic above is taken April 16th 2011, Five days before Ty was diagnosed.  We were at Grandma's house for an Easter party.  He kept climbing on my lap like he wanted a nap.  Grandma mentioned it, and I remember saying 'he hasn't been feeling good lately'.  Little did I know...
 This pic was taken May 1, 2011, 9 days after diagnosis.  I wish I had a pic of him in this outfit standing up so I could compare the size, but no luck.  He pretty much lived on this couch that first month.
This pic was taken at the end of May 2011, the height of his steroid chubs (giggle) A rare, happy moment on the trampoline
 Above taken October 13th 2011.  Right in the middle of Delayed Intensification.  That is his very own IV pole, complete with antibiotics, a medal with a GOLD ribbon on it for Childhood Cancer, and his name badge from Camp Hobe
And here he is today, February 15th with the same outfit on.  See how the pants are just a teeny bit high?  I have no idea how much he has grown cause I always forget to ask the nurse when she measures him...and I'm not convinced it's the most accurate measuring device so I don't know if it would give me a true idea of his growth anyway.  It definitely isn't much but we'll take what we can get. : )  He has grown up from a baby to a little boy this past year.  This time last year he still used a pacifier and wore diapers.  Wow, a lot can happen in one year!!
So obviously I got really sidetracked with this post and didn't even write about what I was going to write about which is the MTX shortage and how Ty is doing.  I'll see if I can get that post done tomorrow...Ty is sleeping in my lap right now while I type cause he was crying in his sleep...I never figured out why he was crying...and now my legs are falling asleep : )  so good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment