Tyson's Brave Battalion

Tyson's Brave Battalion
Things don't go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be.” ~Samuel Johnson

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Blankets

This is kind of random but I've been thinking about blankets all morning
The night Ty was diagnosed and we were headed up to his 'new' room a nurse gave him that fishy blanket he is sleeping in right now.  It was a great source of comfort to him for that stay and throughout this year.  How nice that there are so many people who donate to things to PCMC that help these kiddos feel a little better.  He gets his bedding changed quite often and sometimes it is the standard green hospital blanket, and sometimes it is a homemade blanket like the one in this pic. 
Every time we end up inpatient it reminds me of an eagle scout project we helped with a couple of years ago.  A scout in our neighborhood collected fabric and supplies to make blankets for Primary Children's and we had so much fun that day tying quilts with his family and friends. I never imagined we'd be here sleeping in them!
I know he probably wasn't very excited to do an Eagle scout project but I'm so thankful that he followed through and now every time we are here I think of Brandon and his piles and piles of new blankets and wonder if the one we have at the moment was made that day. I don't think it's a coincidence that he chose Primary Children's as his Eagle project cause I'm sure thankful he did, it brings a little touch of home to us.
Oh! and good news, they aren't going to start him on the amphotericin B until they know if they need to or not because apparently it causes the child to feel feverish and chilled and miserable.  The oncologist did an override on the infectious disease team and said we would wait for results.  Aaaahhh can I just say how much I love our oncologist Dr. Wright, and now how much I also love the one who is 'on' this week Dr. Spraker?  Love

No comments:

Post a Comment